Thursday, August 20, 2009

aw shucks

how can i be anything less than grateful for what i have?I've been blessed with a mother who loves me, wonderful friends, a roof over my head and a seat at their table. there are so many people in my life who have been kind to me. i should feel like the luckiest girl in the world. i have so much to be grateful for right here. but like i said, i have so many wonderful friends. we all made a promise that all of us swore that when the time came, we would all be there for each other, no matter what. that probably sounds over dramatic, but it really wasn't for us. they were all there for me when i needed them the most. thanks to them, i finally found a way to climb my way out of all the crap I'd fallen into. they helped me believe in myself. that i could change if i wanted. and when i met them for the first time, i found out that i did want to change. to change into someone who they can be proud to call their friend. so this time around, with everything that's happened, the fact that i wasn't there for them... that bothers me. i mean, to think they would go through all that trouble by themselves. maybe they can't count on me. maybe we're not that could as friends.


"someone who asks you for help is entitled to your compassion whether or not you decide to help the person"

No comments:

Post a Comment